Overheard
"I literally hate being groped"
***
"It's like kinda a cafe"
Weak Grasp
A middle aged woman walked past me
clutching a black bottle of wine
with a look of concern.
A woman my aged walked past me
clutching a yellow Beyond Retro bag
with a look of disdain.
I walked past three young girls
talking to each other
stopping to laugh.
This Poem is a Subplot
I went to London today
and thought
oh god this place depresses me
without a thought for outside circumstances
and I thought about all the nice, beige people I met
and how I would never be able to make friends of them
and I had a short telephone conversation
because it is hard to keep a conversation up
against apathetic monosyllabism
and I went home
thinking how London makes me feel
underwater in a bath in the middle of the night
with the lights turned off
and the curtains open, again
without a thought for outside circumstances
I Have Not Wished My Step-Mother Happy Easter Via Text Message Yet
Sleep deprived when I got off the train
I spent my morning and early afternoon doing things.
The library was closed.
I paid in a cheque.
I had breakfast in an expensive and empty café.
I bought two cd’s.
I walked a lot of places, doing nothing.
And now I’m hungry
and now my feet hurt
I feel like I am swaying slightly
nextdoor is watching QI on BBC iPlayer
A Writer I Admire
Recently, blog posts of yours
have come to me out of nowhere
(nowhere meaning my memory)
and I have felt embarrassed for you
wondering if you’ve deleted these post now.
Then I think of posts I have made
and later deleted,
and I feel a little less embarrassed for you,
and a little more for me.
But I can’t tell you this
because you do not allow comments.
I Will Never Submit To An Online Journal Again, Unless They Accept This
Submission is such a humiliating word
3:58pm after a nightshift
Music is coming from the other room.
I am on my third or fifth coffee
depending on when you started counting.
Around my eyes my face muscles
feel tired
like they have been on a long walk or
out in the sun for a bit too long.
Every movement takes me longer than normal.
I just massaged a sensitive lump
at the back of my head.
The sun is shining on me.
The sun has gone behind a cloud now.
I have taken one shoe off.
It is 4:05pm now.
Praying I
I used to pray to a god for
some reason. I would hold my hands
and say words to myself like I’m
saying now. The kind of words a
child would say. And then I would recite
the lords prayer as it was taught
with art’s and thou’s. I never learnt
any other prayers though.
If I knew what to pray for what
words to say and in which order
to say them, would that have helped
me in life someway?
Praying II
I seem to swear very little
except when muttering to myself.
Is swearing still considered shocking?
People did not like it
when I used the word ‘cunt’
even though it was fundamental
to the anecdote.
Why Can’t I Do This?
I just tried milk in my coffee
It was disgusting
I had to throw it away
Buff
As I sat there topless
eating breakfast
I noticed nodules of bone on my shoulders.
Later, I saw an outdoor swimming pool
and thought how nice it would be
to go swimming first thing tomorrow morning.
I then remembered my body
and decided I would start doing push-ups
as soon as I got home.
When I arrived home
I sat at the kitchen table
ate sweets
then masturbated.
i just watched daxflame videos and felt vaguely repulsed and kept thinking 'where is strawburry17'.
ReplyDeletethis was a good post.
you poetry machine.
sugary masturbation.
how are you giles
dear giles,
ReplyDeleteplease send me poems for new wave vomit
i agree with what you said about the word "submission"
you are awesome
hi