waiting all day for my new phone to arrive
the floor in my room is wooden
and marked like my face
by the bottom of my chair
I look at it thinking
my landlady will be pissed
as she plans to sell the house
next summer
I tell myself to buy
a second hand persian rug
keep on going to the living room window and looking at people who are not delivery men
I swam six hundred
meters in a former
school swimming pool
that is now open to the public
the lifeguard was on at the desk
when I walked in at 7.30am
I gave him £3.50
he said alright geez
and told me where to put my shoes
a low buzzing noise, it is not for me
you will tell me you lost your phone
as the reason you have not been in
contact with me for over three days now
it was in your bedroom somewhere
are these the things you mean when
you tell me you feel like you cannot
be honest with me
I assumed it was more serious than that
no signal indoors
the last two parties I have been to
I have left early
I like going to the cinema alone
as having to look straight forward
while sitting side by side seems like
a poor social event
sometimes I think my intelligence
and grasp of basic
philosophical theories
is so weak and that I am so incapable of achieving anything
I am fully versed in the abbreviations of msn messenger emoticons
Hi Giles,
ReplyDeleteJust wandered over to take a look. Good stuff here. I really like this poem, especially:
are these the things you mean when
you tell me you feel like you cannot
be honest with me
I assumed it was more serious than that
:) Fab.
Mel from The Pygmy Giant