it was a hot day
I went into town and got a sweet tan on my forearms only.
Then it was too hot when i got home so i changed into my swim short hot pants i ordered from cotton trader.
My girlfriend came home from work and laughed at me.
Later, in our kitchen, where you can see the front door, we were making fake meatballs out of wheat gluten (that is not a euphemism).
Our housemate got back from work and my girlfriend said "hi, how was work." he said "good. work." then my girlfriend looked at me cowering in the corner so that my housemate would not see me wearing swim short hot pants. Slowly her face turned from a blank expression to that of realisation and then of amusement.

clothes courtesy of Sarah Reid
hey Giles, you babe.
ReplyDeleteI dont know how long light boxes will take to arrive as Shane sent mine not PGP.
I promise you you will love the book and it will be worth the wait. I do. I do.
Giles, I gave those shorts to a charity shop and now I feel bad. When Mary and I found them we just thought of you.
ReplyDeleteOops, that was me, not Sophie. Sophie is my new housemate and she borrowed my computer earlier, hence the confusion.
ReplyDeleteFor a minute I shat myself, thinking it was a work colleague who goes by the same name. I wouldn't want to read her blog.
ReplyDeleteIt's understandable about the shorts. I think if you ever wore them again you'd just be thinking 'do I look as good as Giles in these' and the answer would be no every time. I threw out two bin bags of clothes the other week. It felt good.
Apologies for that Giles, that was never my intention.
ReplyDeleteYes if I did ever wear them again I would just feel inadequate. It would be dreadful for my self-esteem. And they will forever live on in that photograph.